Wednesday, January 02, 2013
2012 was definitely the year of change for me! Instead of reviewing the year, I thought I would post the 12 things I learned last year.
1. It's a boy!
2. Having morning sickness and diabetes at the same time is not awesomesauce! There were many days I lived on ice cream, crackers, and apple juice to keep my blood sugar up.
3. My grandmother, mother, and I have the same hands. A wonderful discovery that I will remember forever.
4. It is okay to choose yourself and your family (keep telling yourself that).
5. Non-stress tests do not give you extra time to relax during your day. In fact, they should confiscate your smartphone when you walk through the door because work emails probably skew the results!
6. Diabetes is unpredictable. It is unfair. It took Georganna from us way too soon. I love and miss you, George.
7. On July 23rd I learned that becoming a mommy was the greatest day of my whole entire life. I understand now what my mom means when she says that, "you will never love anyone like your child."
8. I thought I only wanted one child to complete our family. I was wrong, I want a couple more. Best. Thing. Ever.
9. Sleep when the baby sleeps is impossible. I never slept when the baby slept.
10. Maternity leave was the fastest 12 weeks of my life!
11. I have a pretty awesome husband. This partnership we have going on is the bread to my butter. Butter to my bread? Digression? Anyhow, I will follow that man to the end of the earth.
12. Having a 4:15 pm dinner reservation on New Year's Eve and spending the evening at home with my little man was definitely the most perfect way to spend the evening.